Friday, March 1, 2013

Month 2 update.

I'm a day early on this, but I don't plan on being on the computer this weekend, so here it is, my monthly update!

As of this morning I am down 15 lbs!!!

People around me are starting to comment about how they can really tell that I'm working by butt off. It makes me feel great and fuels my fire even more. Eight weeks into this and I'm more motivated now than when I started. I CAN do this and I AM doing this. My face has really slimmed down and my jeans that used to me too tight are now falling off of me. I still haven't bought new ones because I have fat girl syndrome and loathe trying on clothes. I put on a pair of jeans that were 2 sizes smaller than the ones I normally wear and they fit (although they were a little snug)! I couldn't believe it. But because of my fat girl syndrome I took them off and put the bigger ones back on(and had to spend the day constantly pulling them up). But my self confidence is getting better daily and maybe with a couple more lbs gone I will totally rock those other jeans:)

One more thing that I am so excited about that I can't see straight...I looked at my starting weight on MyFitness Pal from 2011 and as of today I am 30 lbs lighter than when I started. I wish I would have stayed motivated back then, but all I can do is keep going now. I haven't seen the number I saw this morning on the scale in a good 7 years. 



Me in 2011....I am NOT ever going back to that horrible weight.

Truth is that I was almost 200 lbs and completely miserable. I was going through depression over the loss of someone that I loved dearly and then losing a pregnancy. I simply didn't care. I ate like crap and I stayed on the couch. A lot. But in July is when I decided I needed to change and I started eating better and moving more. By November I was down about 25 lbs.


But then I got bored and comfortable and gained a good 10 of those back. I knew I couldn't go back to what I was so in Jan is when I got serious. I look at my fat pictures a good bit as a reminder to not fall back into the trap. When I started in Jan, I started a new life, not just a diet. I don't call it a diet, I call it eating better and overall trying to better myself. I want to be able to run around with my daughter and play without getting winded. In the past 8 weeks, I went from barely being able to do 15 minutes on the treadmill to doing an hour on there on a 10 incline. I love going to body pump and upping my weights and just the feeling of accomplishment. It's my way of life now. 

This is the most recent picture I have of myself. This was about 5 lbs ago. Note how the double chin is gone:) 

So there is my 2 month update. 15 down, 25 to go!

2 comments:

  1. You are doing so great! I can definitely see a difference in your face (your body isn't shown in the picture but I'm sure it's different too!) I am so happy for you. I am down 16 pounds since January so we are in the same boat. I know exactly how much better you feel and it's amazing! I do Body Pump too. Do you go to a gym or do it at home? Either way CONGRATULATIONS and keep on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go to Body Plex 5 days a week. I love it there! You are doing a great job too, doesn't it feel amazing?!! I can a difference with my body too, I just can never seem to remember to do a full body shot. My husband says he sees a huge difference in my legs:) I'm excited to keep going!

    ReplyDelete