Monday, May 16, 2011

Picking Wildflowers

These past 5 days have certainly been rough.  I don't know if it was a test of faith or what, but they have certainly made me realize a few things.  Firstly, I had to start my Monday off by testing again, and it was a very clear negative.  Which means my levels are back down and I can start my birth control again.  I really thought that this would just ruin my day, but it hasn't.  Miss E has been extra snuggly today so my focus has been on her.  

First off it's made me realize that I do want a second child.  Just not now.  I want more time with just the 3 of us.  It's such a special time and I love that all of my focus is on Miss E.  I don't want to miss anything with her because I'm dealing with a newborn.  I also don't want to make her grow up faster, I want her to stay little as long as possible.  

Secondly, it's made me realize that I have some amazing friends in my life.  Brandon and I didn't make anything public, only 2 of my friends knew.  So unless people read my blog they would have no idea.  I called Angela the day I had the positive pregnancy test and she dropped everything and rushed right over to be with me.  I was in complete shock and she was there.  The next day when I found out that it was a chemical pregnancy, Erin made a surprise visit when she got off work and brought me some beautiful flowers.  She lives nowhere near me and went really far out of her way to come be with me.  It meant so much to me because between her full time job and going to school full time and her family, she is extremely busy. It was nice just to have someone to sit with me so I wasn't alone.  Then on Sunday Misty called me first thing in the am and said that she had read my blog and was going to cancel her photo session that day so we could take the kids to the wildflower field.  When we got off the phone I was in tears that she would do that for me.  She is a photographer and she wanted to spend the day with me over making money.  We headed up there and this place was the absolute cutest place I have ever seen in my life!  She got some ridiculously cute pics of our kiddos and it was just so much fun and much needed.  Here are some of the pics(completely unedited)

















 Like I said, ridiculously cute! Shameless plug alert... http://www.mistydawnphotography.com/...She does great pics at very affordable prices=)

Anyway after our adventures in the wildflowers, we went and ate at Logans, by then the kiddos were starving!  Miss E and I finally made it home at almost 10.  Just an overall perfect day!

I'm very lucky and thankful to have such wonderful people in my life. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment