Friday, May 20, 2011

When life throws you lemons, throw them right back.

It has been a whole week since that awful day...and I still think about it daily.  

It has been a really busy week though and it has stopped me from thinking about it as much as I would have if I had not been busy.  My little malti-poo Annabelle has a sprained back.  I had to take her to the animal hospital last Saturday(the day after the awful day).  She stopped eating, drinking, and she would not come out from under Miss E's bed.  I have to move the bed to pick her up to make her go to the bathroom.  She was also hunched and looked like she was having difficulty walking and was yelping in pain.  I had to drive to Woodstock with Miss E in tow, but it was SO worth it.  I loved that vet!  They were amazing with my toddler and with Annabelle.  They said she had a sprained back and gave her some pain meds and we came home.  Well over the week she has gotten worse and so back to the vet we went.  This time we went back to our normal vet.  I wish I would have driven back to Woodstock.  Anyway, they x-rayed her back and it was perfect(yay!) and she did a full fecal loop to make sure there were no obstructions(none).  Now she is on her pain meds, a steroid, and a muscle relaxer.  I also have to "towel walk" her everyday.  She has to go back on Monday to check her progress.  There was some improvement tonight, she came out from under the bed by herself to eat.  Those are 2 huge things=)
I found some more relatives of mine on Facebook.  My 2 cousins(my biological moms sisters kids).  I was pretty excited about that.  But of course with the good comes the bad.  Turns out my grandfather has Parkinson's and my aunt has Huntington's.  Don't know what they are, look them up, it's not pleasant.  And here's the best part...they are genetic.  My grandmother passed from something like that (She was bi-polar and schizophrenic).  I'm seriously considering getting a genetic test done.  I feel like I'm doomed to wind up with one or more of these horrible illnesses.  I'm conflicted on doing the testing though, I feel like if it comes back with something then I will obsess over it and I don't want to live my life like that.  My type A personality really takes over on these sorts of things.  I think I have to know.  I'm not worried about myself as much as I worry about Miss E.  That's the thing about being a mother, you never want to pass any bad genetics down to your children and this is absolutely killing me that I have such a crappy bloodline.  All I can do is pray that God spares my children from suffering from these illnesses.

Brandon has not been home in weeks.  Seriously, he's been home like 4 nights in the past 3 weeks.  I feel the weight of the world on my shoulders right now and it's not helping that he hasn't been here with me.  He's supposed to be coming home tomorrow afternoon and I'm praying that he gets to.  Miss E needs her daddy home and I need my husband home.  I'm tired of being lonely.
One last thing, it looks like we aren't going to be getting that house in Powder Springs after all.  I'm not hugely disappointed because I had a lot of issues with that house(read previous posts).  The only thing I hate is that we aren't going to be as close to Brandon's parents as we wanted.  People look at me like I'm crazy when I mentioned that we were going to be neighbors with my in-laws because I guess most people don't want to live that close to their in-laws.  I am not one of those people.  I love my in-laws and really wanted to live within walking distance to them.  We are all really close(yet they respect our privacy) and I just love it.  They are like the family I didn't have growing up.  Anyway now we are looking at houses in Hiram, which I am more comfortable with than Powder Springs.  There are some really nice houses in our price range that are move in ready, and that is a huge plus!  I was not looking forward to rebuilding a house.  I'm actually really excited about house hunting again and hopefully Brandon will stay home long enough for us to go looking.

Okay so this is the last thing I promise.  I'm really excited to say that we will be taking a vacation this year!  In September we will be taking Miss E down to Florida and I am really excited about it! We need a whole week, just the 3 of us to have some quality family time. That's all now=)

No comments:

Post a Comment